- ESPN has won the media rights of the Pepsi IPL in the USA for 2015-17 period. ESPN clinched it with a total fee of 12.4 M$ for 3 year period.
- Ritu Rani will lead Indian hockey squad at FIH Womens world league to be held from March 7 to 15.
- Roger Federer registered the 84th title win of his career by winning the Dubai Open for 7th time. He defeated Novak Djokovic.
- Karnataka beat Mumbai to enter Ranji Trophy final.
- New Zealand become the first country in Worldcup 2015 to enter quarterfinals after defeating four times champion Australia.
- Finance Minister proposed to infuse 7940 crore rupees funds in public sector banks in the next fiscal to enable them to maintain adequate capital. Funds infusion for current fiscal is Rs. 11,200 crore.
- MUDRA Bank– Micro Unit Development Refinance Agency – A proposed bank with corpus of 20,000 crore and credit guarantee corpus of 3000 crore to refinance micro finance institution.
- After the Union Budget presented, Oil marketing companies hiked the price of petro and diesel by over Rs. 3 a litre. Due to increase in International price of petrol and diesel and the depriciation of rupee-dollar exchange rate, results in price hike.
- Giving a major boost to the government plans to make India energy surplus by 2019 and to provide electricity to each household by 2022.
- Over 20,000 tonnes of gold lies idle with Indian Household without being traded or monetized. In the union budget 2015-16, Government announced that it would introduce gold deposit schemes in a bid to curb imports of the yellow metal and to make household gold to be part of economy. Since gold are the top contributor to the current account deficit.
- Khet Heen Kisan– A scheme for the financial assistance to those farmers who do not own their lands.
- 28th February is observed as National Science Day with theme- Science for Nation Building. On this day Indian physicist CV Raman discovered Raman Effect for which he got the Nobel Prize in 1930.
- Dibrugarh University(Assam) released first Assamese dictionary for science and technology wit hover 40,000 words.
- Nayi Manzil Scheme– A program that will enable minority youth without a formal school leaving certificate to obtain one and find better employment.