- Sardar Singh will lead Indian hockey team in Sultan Azlan Shah tournament to be played at Ipoh, Malaysia from April 5 to 12.
- RBI said that SIDBI and Axis Bank has been applied for setting up an exchange based trading platform to facilitate financing of bills raised by small entities to corporate and other buyers.
- Tata Power entered into a share purchase agreement (SPA) to buy stake in 120 MW hydro power plant in Itezhi Tezhi district in Zambia.
Dassault Aviation of France handed over two upgraded Mirage 2000 fighter aircraft to the Indian Air Force.
In 2011 India signed a 2.4 B$ deal with Thales and Dassault for fighter aircraft.
- Narendra Modi will travel to France on April 9, Germany on April 12 and Canada on April 14.
- KM Mani will head the empowered GST committee.
- To help in boosting e-governance, Union Government ha launched Twitter Samvad in association with Twitter for direct communication through tweets and text messages.
- Gujrat Philatelic Exhibition GujPex 2015 inaugurated in Ahmedabad, organised by Gujrat postal circle.
- Union Government approved 17 mega food parks across the country, taking total number of such projects in country to 42. Out of 17 food parks, 7 parks have been allotted to state agencies while rest to private players.
- Modi today launched his ambitious multi-purpose and multi modal platform PRAGATI- Pro- Active Governance and Timely Implementation.
- CCEA today approved the launch of National Supercomputing Mission at estimated cost of Rs. 4500 crore to enable India to leapfrog to the league of world.
- I&B Ministry bags the Platinum Icon award for the comprehensive web services.
- India and Qatar signed six agreements during the state visit of Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, the Emir of Qatar.
- RBI has signed 400 M$ currency swap agreement with Central Bank of Sri Lanka, valid for three years.
- Bangladesh has won the Women in Parliaments (WIP) Global Forum Award.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Twitter global CEO- Dick Costolo.
- Veteran Hindi poet Gopaldas Neeraj won the inaugural National Kavi Pradeep Samman, Instituted by government of Madhya Pradesh.
- FIFA World Cup 2022 will be played in Qatar.
- TReDS– Trade Receiveables Discounting System.
- NSIC– NSE Strategic Investment Corporation.
- President of Turkey– Recep Tayip Erdogan.
- President of Yemen: Abedrabbo Mansour Hadi.
- Qatar details:
Emir- Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
Deputy Emir– Abdullah bin Hamad Al Thani
Prime Minister– Abdullah bin Naser bin Khalifa Al Thani