- M.S. Dhoni has been nominated for the Padma Bhusan award. He is a Padma Shri, Arjun Award and Rajiv Gandhi khel Ratna awardee.
- State Owned Oil and natural Gas Corp. (ONGC) has made a significant oil discovery to the west of its prime Mumbai high Fields in the Arabian Sea. The discovery in the well is estimated to hold an in place reserves of about 20 million tonnes.
Mumbai High is India’s biggest oil field.
- External Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj, during a UN Leadership Summit on Environmental Pact, reaffirmed India’s commitment to the landmark Paris Climate Change agreement and willing to work above and beyond the pact to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
India, which is the world’s third largest carbon polluter, reached a pact along with more than 190 nations in December 2015 with an aim to prevent an increase in the global average temperature and keep it well below 2 degree Celsius. The deal which replaced Kyoto Protocol, was ratified last october.
- Union Science minister Harsh Vardhan announced a Boat Lab to study the Brahmaputra. The proposed vessel, Brahmaputra Biodiversity Biology Boat (B4) will have full fledged lab that will allow those on board to collect samples from various stretches of river, perform tests on water quality and biodiversity of wider ecosystem.
- CBM– Coal Bed Methane
- OALP-Open Acreage Licensing Policy
- HELP– Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing Policy
- Revenue secretary- Hasmukh Adhia
- DMH– Dhara Mustard Hydbrid
- Mauritius PM- Pravind Jugnauth.