- India’s Olympic and World silver medalist shuttler P.V. Sindhu defeated Nozomi Okuhara of Japan to clinch the women’s singles title at the Korean Open Super Series.
- M.S. Dhoni completed Century of Half Centuries in international cricket (66- ODI, 33-Test, 1-T20). He joined the club of Tendulkar (164), Dravid (146) and Ganguly (107)
- India won its first athletics gold, through Purnima Hembram in Women’s pentathlon in the fifth Asian indoor and martial art games.
- The county’s gold import recorded three fold jump to $15.24 billion during the April August period of 2017-18. In august this year, imports of the precious metal rose to Rs. 1.88 billion from Rs. 1.11 billion.
A surge i gold imports last month contributed to the widening of trade deficit to $11.64 billion as against $7.7 in August 2016.
- Goofle introduces, Tez, its mobile wallet app based on Unified Payment Interface of NPCI.
- A Nigerian lawyer, Zannah Mustapha, who helped secure the release of more then 100 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram was on Monday awarded United nations Peace Prize ‘Nansen Award’.
- Y.C. Modi appointed as Director General of Nationa Investigation Agency. He will take over from Sharad kumar after he completes his tenure on October 30.
- Union Minister Maneka Gandhi, at launch of the The Evidence- Meat kills, said humans are natural vegetarian and meat consumption is harmful. The Evidence- Meat kills, a film that explores the effects of meat consumption on the human body.