- Cassini spacecraft, as international project that cost $3.9 billion and included scientist from 27 nations, dove into Saturn’s atmosphere at a speed of 1,20,700 kmph.
Cassini launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida in 1997, and then spent seven years in transit followed by 13 years orbiting Saturn.
Cassini named after the French Italian astronomer Giovanni Domenico Cassini, who discovered Saturn had several moons and a gap between its rings.
The other spacecraft have flown by Saturn- Pioneer 11 in 1979, followed by Voyager 1 and 2 in 1980s.
- The elusive snow leopard long considered as endangered species has been upgraded to vulnerable by International Union for Conservation of Nature.
- Eight nation Hockey World League final matches will be played in Kalinga stadium, Bhubaneshwar.
- The country’s foreign exchange reserves touched $400 billion for the first time.
- Brazil President– Michel Temer
- Astra– The indigenously developed beyond visual range air to air missile, recently completed successful development trials over the Bay of Bengal, moving one step closer to its induction into Air Force.
- ATAGS– The Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System, which is being jointly developed by the DRDO and private sector, has set a world record in range by hitting targets at a distance of 48 km.
HEBB– High Explosive Base Bleed