- Konsam Ormila Devi bagged Gold medal in 44kg weight category at the Commonwealth youth weightlifting championship.
- Star India acquired the IPL media rights for a staggering Rs. 16347.5 crore for the next five year i.e. global broadcasting and digital rights from 2018 to 2022. The previous 10 year contract for the IPL’s TV rights was bought by Sony for Rs. 8200 crore in 2008.
- Domestic Systematically Important banks (D-SIB)– RBI added HDFC bank in the list of D-SIB
RBI had started listing D-SIBs from August 2015. Following the global crisis of 2008, it was decided to identify highly interconnected financial institutions and prescribe them higher capital requirement.
SBI and ICICI bank were identified as D-SIB both in 2015 and 2016.
- BRICS group named Pakistan- based groups Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) and Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) as terror organizations.
- U.S. President is set to scrap a programme that grants work permits to immigrants who arrived in the country illegally as children. The programme- Deferred Action for Children Arrivals (DACA)– was a key immigration reform of the for Barack Obama.
India ranks 11th among countries of origin for DACA students.
- Taiwan premier Lin Chuan resigned in a move aimed at reviving dwindling public support for the government of President Tsai lng-wen
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- CERT-In– DG- Sanjay Bahl
- SNCU– Sick Newborn Care Unit
- ADHD– Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- OFS– Offer for Sale
- WOS– Wholly Owned Subsidiary
- United States ambassador to United nation- Nikki Haley
- D-Word– relates to Doklam issue.