- Devendra Jhajharia and Sardar Singh bestowed with Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award.
Jhajharia became the first ever papa-athlete to be bestowed with the honour while Sardar singh became only the second player after Dhanraj Pillay to receive the highest award on birth anniversary of hockey wizard Dhyan Chand.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni will become only the sixth India player to play 300 ODI for the country. Players who already played 300+ ODI are
Sachin Tendulkar- 463
Rahul Dravid- 344
Mohd. Azharuddin- 334
Sourav Ganguly- 311
Yuvraj Singh- 304
- Nuclear- armed North Korea fired a ballistic missile IRBM over Japan. Siorrens blared out in norther communities that ere on the flight path of the ballistic missile as it soared over Japanese territory for two minutes before crashing into the Pacific.
- Prominent nuclear disarmament campaigner Sumiteru Taniguchi, woe as delivering mail in Nagasaki aged 16 when United States dropped an atomic bomb in 1945, died.
- The largest inland water body on earth, the Caspian Sea, has been slowly evaporating due to rise in temperature associated with Climate Change. Its water levels dropped nearly 7CMs per yeaer from 1996 to 2015.
- NASCOM in junction with state governments plans to set up two centers of excellence in data science and another for Cybersecurity.
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- AIT– Assembly, Integration and Testing.
- Attoerney General of India- K. K. Venugopal
- FIFA President Gianni Infantino.
- Sutirtha Bhatacharyya- CMD of Caol India Ltd.
- Sri Lanka- President- Maithripala Srisena, Prime Minister- Ranil Wickremesinghe
- UN Secretary General- Antonio Guterres
- Palestian president– Rami Hamdallah
- Nigerian President- Muhammadu Buhari