- The 12 year old Praggnanandhaa became the youngest chess player ever to cross 2500 FIDE Elo rating points.
- Former Olympic and World Champion of Cycling, Stephen Wooldridge, aged 39, passed away.
- The cabinet committee on economic affairs has extended the benefits for industrial units in the north eastern and hill states till March 2027. Earlier units in the North-eastern states, Sikkim, Uttrakhand, Himanchal Pradesh and J&K enjoyed excise duty benefits for 10 years.
- Director General of Foreign Trade (DGFT) banned exports of gold jewellery, medallions and other articles with purity above 22 carats in a bid to check round tripping of the precious metal.
- The government fixed a price range for knee implants from Rs. 54000 to Rs. 1.4 lakh, nearly 70% lower than most surgeries currently costing.
This move had come after slashing the maximum price of life saving heart stent implants by up to 85%.
WHO estimated that by 2020, osteoarthritis is going to be the fourth largest cause of immobility globally.
- India will host the next steering committee meeting of the proposed 1814 km long TAPI (Turkmenistant- Afghanistan-Pakistan- India) gas pipeline.
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- eBiz Portal: A ambitious project unveiled by the Centre in 2013 to serve as an online, single-window entry point for investors looking to set up a business anywhere in the country.
- Iran President – Hassan Rouhani.
- BC- Black Carbon– A pollutant known to aggravate breathing disorders, upset the monsoon and quicken glacier melt and may be depleting the ozone layer.