- Commerce Ministry has started the process of shutting down the more than 100 year old government procurement arm, the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal. Publich procurement is being made by ministry’s e-marked platform since last year.
- Quatar announced a programme to allow visa-free entry for citizens of 80 countries to encourage air transport and tourism, amid a two month boycott imposed on the Gulf countries by its neighbours.
Soccer world cup 2022 will be hosted in Quatar
Nationals of 33 countries will be allowed to stay for 180 days and the other for up to 180 days.
- SUNRISE– A solar project aimed at developing printed photo-voltaic cells and new manufacturing process which can be used to make solar energy products in India.
A consortium of 12 Indian and British universities including Oxford and Cambridge has received a €7 million grant from the U.K. government to build self sufficient solar powered buildings in remote Indian villages.
- TTI– Table Tennis federation of India.
- Eleventh Hour– The last possible moment for doing something.
- Navin kumar– Chairman of GST Network.
- South Korea is the third largest host of American troops and Japan is the largest country having U.S. military personnel.