- India’s Ravindra Jadeja edge out Bangladesh’s Shakib Al Hasan to claim the top rank among all rounders, apart from retaining the NO. 1 spot in the bowlers’chart in the latest ICC rankings.
- Amazon, the world’s biggest online retailer, was helping India’s watch-to-jewellery maker Titan company to foray into inline selling in the United States through its Global Selling Programme.
- Commerce Ministry has started the process of shutting down the more than 100 year old government procurement arm, the Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal. Public procurement is being made by ministry’s e-marked platform since last year.
- Centre cleared the appointment of Justice Dipak Misra as the 45th Chief justice of India with effect from August 28, as present CJI J.S. Khehar will be retiring on August 27.
- Kerala and Haryana tops the list for sanitation survey, as per the findings of a government commissioned survey on rural sanitation which was under taken by the Quality Council of India between May and June this year. UP and Bihar were among the worst performers in terms of rural coverage.