- Reserve bank of India decided to cut the key policy rate or repo rate by 25 basis points to 6%, taking it to its lowest in six and a half years.
- Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd. Said India had become the company’s biggest production hub for its two wheeler worldwide.
- Goa, state government, declared Coconut Palm as State tree of Goa.
- According to the World Customs Organization Secretary General Kunio Mikuriya, WCO will soon bring out guidelines on cross-border e commerce, which will focus og preventing illegal trade as well as illicit financing.
- U.S. President Donald Trumph has signed into law new sanctions against Russia. Congress approved the sanctions to punish the Russian government over interference in 2016 presidential election, annexation of Ukraine’s Crimea and other perceived violation of international norms.
Emerging News, Terms and Others:
- A gold replica of a lunar landing module gifted to U.S. astronaut Neil Armstrong by French jewellers has been pilfered from Ohio museum.
- Anthony Amalyaj- a table tennis player.