- Sprinter Usain Bolt will have his career last World Championship, as he decided to take retirement. He dubbed the 25 year old Wayed van Niekerk as the sports next superstar. South Africa’s Niekerk is the only sprinter in history to have run the 100m in under 10 seconds, 200m in under 20 second and the 400m in sub 44.
- Caeleb Dressel brought the curtain down on the world championship with historic seventh gold medal, equaling the record of swim legend Michael Phelps.
- State bank of India has cut the savings bank account interest rate to 3.5% for deposits of less than Rs. 1 crore.
- The government has ordered state run oil companies to raise the price of subsidised cooking gas LPG by Rs. 4 a cylinder every month to eliminate all subsidies by march next year.
- Russia has signed a law that prohibits technology that provides access to webistes banned in the country. The law will ban the use of Virtual Private Networks that allow people to surf web anonymously.
Emerging News, Terms and Others:
- Ustad Hussain Sayeeduddin Dagar, maestro and custodian of the venerable Dhrupad tradition of Hindustani classical music, passed away.