- World yuth champion Sachin Siwach beat Welsh boxer James Nathan Probert to claim the gold in the light flyweight category at the Commonwealth Youth Games.
- The commerce ministry is planning to impose anti-dumping duty on imports of truck and bus radial tyres with a view to guard domestic rubber players from cheap imports from China, is under process with Directorate General of Anti Dumping and Allied Duties.
- The International Monetary Fund’s World Economic Outlook update retained India’s projected GDP growth rate for 2017-18 at 7.2% and at 7.7% for 2018-19.
- Vodafone India and Idea agreed to merge operations in a $23 billlion deal, creating the country’s biggest telecom player after entry of new entrant Reliance Jio.
- The Admiralty (Jurisdiction and Settlement of Maritime Claims) Bill 2017, passed by both Houses of Parliament, seeks to consolidate the laws relating to admiralty jurisdiction, legal proceedings in connection with vessels, their arrest, detention, sale and other related matters.
- CBI issued death sentence to business man Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surinder Koli in 2006 serial Nithari rape and murder cases.
- Udupi Ramachandra Rao, hailed as the father of the Indian Satellite programme that started with Aryabhata, is dead. He is the only Indian to be included in the Satellite Hall of Fame of the Society of Satellite Professionals International, Washington.
He was decorated with the Padma Vibhushan this year.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- Amitabh Bachchan will continue to act as goodwill ambassador for UNICeF for another two years. He will promote awareness of measles and rubella vaccines.
- Polland president Andrzej Duda.
- FTA– Free Trade Agreement
- RCEP– Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
- Age old Behdienkhlam festival celebrated at Tuber village in Meghalaya.