- Prithivi Sekhar reached the mixed doubles semifinals with Jafreen Shaik in the Deaflympics in Samsun, Turkey.
- India’s sharad kumar and varun bharti won silver and bronze respectively in the T-42 high jump event as the World Para-athletics championship.
- Swimming Federation of India– CEO- Virendra Nanavati
- England defeated India in the finals of ICC Women’s Cricket Worldcup 2017 by 9 runs.
- Iran and Iraq signed n agreement to set up military cooperation and the fight against Terrorism and Extremism.
- The chief of Naval Staff, Admiral Sunil Lanba, began an eight day tour of Mozambique and Tanzania with aim to explore new avenues of bilateral defence cooperation.
- INS Vagil, served the Indian Navy and the nation for over 36 years and could have become only the second submarine museum of the country, currently lies idle at the Chennai post.
INS Vagil was commissioned into the India Navy at Riga in Latvia, which was part of the erstwhile Soviet Union in 1974, and was decommissioned in December 2010.
First Submarine Museum-INS Kursura (S20) was a Kalvari-class diesel-electric submarine of the Indian Navy. After decommissioning, she was preserved as a museum for public access on Ramakrishna Mission Beach in Visakhapatnam