- Cricket India:
Head Coach- Ravi Shastri
Assistant Coach- Sanjay Bangar
Bowling Coach- B. Arun
Fielding Coach- R Shridhar
- Wi-Fi Risk Report by technology security firm Norton, a unit of Symantec, states that about 96% of Indians have potentially put their personal information at risk by using public Wi-Fi. Report said consumers are willing to sacrifice security for free Wi-Fi facility.
Global findings showed people were aware of the risks of public Wi-Fi, but were not necessarily changing their behavior.
- India-China Border Road Development:
Infrastructure development on the border continues to be delayed due to growing tension with China.
73 roads are proposed to be developed along the India-China border by year 2012-13. Of 73 only 30 have been completed so far.
Out of these 73 roads, 46 roads are being constructed by Defence Ministry and 27 by the Home Ministry.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- Veteran actor and Oscar winner, Martin Landau, has died at age of 89.
- A paper published in the medical journal The Lancet estimates that the world’s low and middle income countries must invest an additional $371 billion per year in order for the world to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals (SDG). India currently spends 1.09% of the GDP on health, which is among the lowest in the world.
Achievement of universal health coverage and SDG target could prevent 97 million premature deaths globally between now and 2030.
- ASSOCHAM President – Sandeep Jajodia.
- Air India – Chairman & Managing Director- Ashwani Lohani.
- RCEP (Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership)– is a Mega Free Trade Agreement among 16 Asia Pacific nations including India.
- Hungary president –Victor Orban