- Cricket Rankings:
Test- India, South Africa and Australia.
ODI- South Africa, Australia and India
T20- New Zealand, England, Pakistan, West Indies and India.
- Marin Cilic defeated Sam Querrey in the Men’s semi final of Wimbledon tournament.
- Department of Economic Affairs signed an agreement with National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) for a Rs. 20,000 crore contribution to the fund.
- The APG (Asia Pacific Group) on money Laundering meet, in which representatives of 41 countries including India is expected to participate in Colombo.
- A group of India astronomers have discovered a massive supercluster of galaxies, and have named it “Saraswati”. It is one of the largest cluster to be discovered and also the farthest.
The supercluster is about 4 billion light years away and spreads over a great wall about 600 million light years across.
The first supercluster of galaxies, the Shapley supercluster, was discovered in 1989. The second , Sloan Great Wall discovered in 2003. The Milky way galaxy is part of the Laniakea Super Cluster, which was discovered in 2014.
- The European Union and India announced the establishment of an Investment Facilitation Mechanism (IFM) for EU investments in India. The mechanism will allow for a close coordination between the EU and India with an aim to promote and facilitate EU investments in India also for identifying and solving problems faced by EU companies and investors with regards to their operations in India.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- India has overtaken the U.S. to become Facebook’s largest country audience with a total 241 million active users, compared to 240 million in the U.S.
- ICD- Inland Container Depots- considered as dry ports.