- To boost bilateral investment between India and Bangladesh, the cabinet gave its approval for the Joint Interpretative Notes (JIN) on the agreement between both the nations for the Promotion and Protection Investments.
- The Supreme Court allowed Arunachal Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands from the court’s ban on sale of liquor within 500 meters of the National and State Highways. Two states, Sikkim and Meghalaya, already enjoying the same facility.
- National Green Tribunal (NGT) prohibited dumping of waste with 500 metres of the river Ganga. An environment compensation of Rs, 50,000 will be imposed on anyone dumping waste in the river. Also, area of 100 metres from the edge of the Ganga between Haridwar and Unnao has been declared as “NO Development Zone”.
- India placed Uganda to the list of countries to which it extends the electronic visa or e-visa facility. Of 54 African nations, India offers e-visa facility to only 18 countries. As whole, India offers the e-visa facility to 162 countries at present.
In March 2017, the Ugandan Prime Minister Ruhakana Rugunda pledged to invest $100 million in Indian Automobile and Pharmaceutical sectors.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- French President– Emmanuel Macron
- Liu Xiaobo, Nobel Peace prize winner, died on 13.07.2017 as a hospital in China. He is the first Nobel Peace prize laureate to die in custody since Zarl von Ossietzky in Nazi Germany.