- Abhijeet Gupta defeated Australia’s veteran International Master Aleksandar Wohl in the ninth and final round of Commonwealth Chess Championship.
- IOC said, The 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea will be the first Games to have an independent drugs testing authority (ITA) in place to deal with doping.
- Gifts from employers to employees worth up to Rs. 50,000 will not attract GST, nor will perquisites enjoyed by employees as part of employment contract, Finance Ministry announced on Monday.
- The 21st edition Malabar Exercise 2017 among the Naval forces of India, Japan and United States began in Chennai. The Malabar Exercise began in 1992 as a bilateral naval exercise between India and U.S. In 2015, it was expanded into a trilateral format with the inclusion of Japan.
- Okitsugu Shrine on Okinoshima island, a men only island in Japan where women arebanned and male visitors must bath naked in the sea before visiting its shrine, has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage site.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- Secret documents signed by former British Prime Minister Winston Churchill have been sold for a €7400 (Rs. 6.14 lakh) at an auction in the U.K.
- Liu Xiaboo, a Nobel Peace Prize winner, in news because of his critically ill health. Mr. Liu was convicted in 2009 of inciting subversion for his role in the Charter 08 movement in China calling for political reform. He was awarded the Noble Peace Prize a year later while in prison.