- Manpreet Kaur won the country’s first gold medal in a shot put event with a throw of 18.28m.
- Indian team achieved its best ever FIFA ranking in two decades, as it rose to the 96th spot in the latest FIFA rankings.
- The retirement fund body Employees Provident Fund Organization ‘s investment in stocks through exchange traded funds would cross the Rs. 45,000 crore mark by the end of this fiscal year announced by Labour minister Bandaru Dattatreya.
- According to World Gold Council, A hike in taxes on gold sales in India could pressure short term demand from the world’s no. 2 consumer of Gold. The WGC also said a government move to a ban cash transactions more than Rs. 2,00,000 from April 1 could hurt gold demand in rural areas where farmers often purchase the gold using cash. Two-third of gold demand comes from rural areas.
- Alpha Design Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a direct supplier of defence equipment for Armed forces, announced that its Israeli partner Elbit Security Systems had increased its stake in their joint venture from 26% to 49%.
- From the next calendar year the price of packaged good would no longer depend on where you bought it- be it a local kirana store, a mall, a five star hotel or an airport, as the Consumer Affairs Ministry has amended the rules that govern the packaged commodities.
- Bharat Forge and Israel Aircraft Industries have signed a MoU to develop, build, market and manufacture selected air defence systems and light weight special purpose munitions.
- France, to meet its target under the Paris Climate Accord, will end the sale of petrol and diesel vehicles by 2040, new Ecology Minister Nicolas Hulot announced on 6th July 2017 and termed it a “veritable revolution”.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- Hafia Day– Indian Army commemorates September 23rd every year as Hafia Day to pay its respect to the two brave Indian Cavalry Regiments that helped liberate the Hafia city during first world war from the Ottoman Empire forces.
- VVPAT– Voter Verifiable Paper Audit Trail.
- Vithoba Temple: In news because of its 700 years old tradition of padyatra to this temple in Pandharpur in Maharastra’s solapur district.