- Germany clinched the Confederation Cup defeating Chile in the finals.
- India’s first de-mutualised online multi-commodities exchange- National Multi Commodity Exchange (NMCE) will merge with the Indian Commodity Exchange. As per the agreed swap ratio, ICEX shareholders will hold 62.8% stake and NMCE shareholders 37.2% stake in ICEX post merger.
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and the Government of India signed a $220 million loan agreement for improving connectivity, transport efficiency, and safety on the state highways of Rajasthan.
This amount is the firs tranche of $500 million investment program approved by ADB board.
- American multinational Honeywell International Inc. has flown its “The Connected Aircraft” into India to show-case technologies that can help airlines reduce fuel consumption and maintenance cost, while providing high speed Wi-Fi on board.
- PM Modi visit to Israel:
India and Israel will sign a unique strategic partnership on non-security issues including Agriculture, water, science, technology and space.
PM Israel– Benjamin Netanyahu
President Israel– Reuven Rivlin
Modi is the first PM to visit Israel. In October 2015, Pranab Mukherjee became the first India president to visit Israel.
- DRDO successfully test-fired an indigenously developed Quick Reaction Surface to Air Misile.
- Within three days of implementation of GST, 22 states have abolished check posts. State border check posts scrutinize material and location based tax complaince, resulting in delays in delivery of goods, besides causing environment pollution as truck queue up for clearance.
The Syrian Central bank has released country’s largest currency note of €2,000, featuring the face of President Bashar al-Assad for the first time.
Emerging Terms, News and Others:
- SEBI– Chairman- Ajay tyaggi.
- DRHP– Draft Red Herring Prospectus.
- Prime Minister of Singapore– Lee Hsien Loong.