- Rahul Dravid will continue as the coach of India under-19 and India ‘A’ team for two more years (2017-19). He was first appointed the coach of the two teams in 2015.
- S.N. Subrahmanyam will take charge as the CEO and MD of Larsen & Toubro. He will suceed A.M Naik.
- Secretary to the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and chief statifcian of India, T.C.A.Anant said that the tentative base year for new GDP serries is pegged at 2017-18.
- The government has lowered the interest rate on small savings like Public Provident Fund, Kisan Vikash Patra and Sukanya Smaridhi Yojna by 0.1% for July-September quarter. New interest rates for captioned schemes are 7.8%, 7.5% and 8.3% respectively.
- R.K. Pachnanda appointed as 29th chief of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). He took charge from Krshna Chaudhary.
The ITBP is a 90,000 strong force that primarily guards the 3488 KM India-China border located at freezing heights of up to 18700 ft in the upper Himalayas.
- Germany legalised gay marriage. Lawmakers voted by 393 votes in favour of same sex marriage to 226 against.
- Russian President Valdamir Puttin has signed a decree to extend a ban on western food imports for another 18 months after the EU extended economic sanction against Russia.
- Honkong celebrated to mark 20 years since the city was handed back to China by Great Britain.
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- VFI– Volleyball Federation of India.
- Indian High Commissioner to Sri Lanka- Tranjit Singh Sandhu.
- Goods and Services Tax Network (GSTN) Chairman– Navin Kumar.
- ICBR– India China Border Roads.
- BRDB– Border Roads Development Board.