- Asian Atheletic Championship will begin from July 6 at Kalinga stadium, Bhubaneshwar.
- Yashwani Singh deswal and Anmol clinched the mixed team gold in air pistol in Junior World Shooting Championship.
- Ramkumar Ramanathan won the Antalya Open tennis tournament after beating World No. 8 Dominic Thiem.
- Government took the first step towards divesting its stake in ailing national carrier Air India. Work out on the fine print for the airline sale will be held under ministerial group chaired by Finance Minister.
- Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan introduced a new oil and Gas block licensing policy that is expected to open up 2.8 million square kilometers of sedimentary basins for exploration and productivity activities.
OLAP– Open Acreage Licensing policy
HELP– Hydrocarbon Exploration and Licensing policy.
- The Income tax Department issued a notification making it mandatory for all those eligible for an ADHAAR card to link it to their Permanent Account Number (PAN).
- Nepal holds its first local elections in two decades, a key step in its post-war transformation from feudal monarchy to federal democracy.
Emerging Terms, News, and Others:
- Badu Gili, an event celebrating Australia’s aboriginal culture. Badu Gili means ‘water ligh’.
- 22nd edition of the European Union Film Festival (EUFF) begins in Goa.
- IIT Gandhinagar says that Particulate matter- dust, black carbon and organic carbon from biomass burning and fossil fuel- deposited on solar panels and present in the ambient air is responsible for about 17% reduction in solar power generation in India. particles in the air prevent shortwave solar radiation from reaching the panels, thereby reducing energy production. The centre has set an ambitious renewable energy target of 175GW by 2022.
- Neeraj Chopra, Javelin thrower,won the countries first ever world championship gold in atheletics last year.
- CPS– Capability, Productivity and Sustainability.
- President of Venezuela – Nicolas Maduro.