- Internation hockey Federation(FIH) president- Narinder Batra.
- Eleventh edition of the Women’s Cricket World Cup gets underway in England from 24.06.2017. Last edition was hosted by India in 2013 and Australia emerged as Champions.
- RBI widened the scope of the Banking Ombudsman Scheme 2006 by enabling a customer to lodge a complaint against the bank for non-adherence to instructions related to mobile banking and electronic banking services.
- Airport Auhtority of India- chairman- Guruprasad Mohapatra.
- The centre will soon a high level committee headed by Chief Statistician of India to oversee the country’s progress towards UN’s Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) aimed at ending poverty, fighting inequalities and tackling climate change.
- Magsaysay award winner Shanta Sinha filed petition on Government claim on AADHAR card coverage (95.1%) is sheer “puffery”.
As per the petitioners, the government claim that Rs. 49560 crore was saved from Direct Benefit Transfer scheme for 2014-15 and 2015-16 is incorrect and a gross exaggeration.
As per the audit of the saving claim for the PAHAL scheme by CAG for April-December 2015 points out that most of the savings (92%) is due to fall in LPG price in the international market.