- Netherland defeated India in semi-finals of Hockey World League.
- Anil Kumble quits a head coach of India cricket team.
- Home-grown instant messaging application Hike forayed into the digital payment systems. The firm has partnered with Yes bank to enable UPI transfers and digital wallet services.
- India has renominated, justice Dalveer Bhandari, its serving candidate at the International Court of Justice.
- Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) licences of over 10,000 NGOs should be canceled as they have not complied with center’s order to file annual returns under five categories. NGOs that receive foreign grants are required to get FCRA licence and file five annual return forms.
- The Indian Navy’s first indegineously built floating dock (FDN-2) was launched at l&T’s shipyard in kattupalli, Chennai.
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- 74% of the world’s population will be exposed to deadly heat-waves by 2100, if carbon dioxide emissions continue to rise at current rates.