- The World’s Twenty20 championship 7th edition next year is all set to be scrapped and pushed to 2020 as top member nations will be busy with bilateral commitments on 2018.
- Pakistan won the ICC Champions Trophy 2017 title by defeating India by 180 runs in the final.
- Indian shuttler k. Srikanth clinched his third super series title, Indonesian Open, with a victory over Japanese Kazumasa Sakal in finals.
- Union Finance Minstry has asked four large PSU lenders, (Punjab National Bank, Bank of Baroda, Canara Bank and Bank of India), to explore opportunities for acquisition of small and mid-sized banks with a goal to create global sized lenders.
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- Signed copy of German dictator Adolf Hitler’s autobiography, Mein Kampf, has been sold for a whopping euro 17,000.
- Dinesh Kumar Sarraf, chairmam of $33 billion energy major ONGC.
- ZED: Zero defect, Zero effect.
- Leaders of the China-backed Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), which has 80 member countries was set to help meet the estimated $26 trillion need for infrastructure spending in Asia through 2030. President of AIIB- Jin Liqun.
- AAI- Airport Authority of India- Chairman- Guruprasad Mohapatra.
- LPA-Low Pressure Area- related to monsoon rainfall.
- ZLD– Zero Liquid Discharge