- Sandeep Dadlani, Infosys president and head of its America busineess, decided to quit Infosys after a stint of more than 16 years.
- RBI Deputy Governer S.S. Mundra said public sector banks may require more than the budgeted Rs. 10,ooo crore capital infusion from the government in the current fiscal on account of higher provisioning of bad loans.
RBI has directed lenders to immediately move the National Company Law Tribunal to begin insolvevncy proceedings against 12 defaulters. The 12 companies account for 25% of the total non-performing assets of the banking system, which is about Rs. 7 lakh crore.
- The WHO, place India as a category-2 country for Zika risk. The Zika virus os transmitted through the bite of an infected Aedes aegypti mosquito, which also transmits dengue and chikengunya.
- ISRO is preparing to launch a back-up for IRNSS-1A as IRNSS-1H, one of the seven satellites in the constellation,, that has been hobbled by failure of the atomic clocks on board.
- The government has made it mandatory of quoting AADHAR number for opening bank account and for financial transactions of Rs.50,000 and above from June,1 2017. All existing account holders asked to submit AADHAR to banks by 31.12.2017, failing which accounts will become invalid.
- Serbia got its first gay designated Prime Minister Ana Brnabic.
Emerging Terms, News and others:
- Marget Atwood will receive a lifetime achievement award from one of the World’s oldest literary organization PEN Center.