- Mira Erda will become the first India woman driver to compete in one of the highest classes of Formula racing in the country at JK Tyre-FMSCI National racing championship.
- Fastest to 8000 ODI runs:
Virat Kohli 175
A.B. de Villiers 182
Sourav Ganguly 200
Sachin Tendulkar 210
Brian lara 211
M.S. Dhoni 214
- The Centre plans to reduce its stake in MSTC from 89.8% to about 65%.
- India ranks at 60 on the Global Innovation Index 2017 among 130 countries while Switzerland topped the list. Ranking of India last year was 66.
- P N Bhagwati, former Chief Justice of India, passed away at age of 95. Hewa considered a pioneer of Judicial activism in the country for introducing the concept of PIls.
- Russia offered political asylum to former FBI Director James Comey. Russia also granted asylum to Edward Snowden, who has been living in Russia since 2013.
Emerging terms, news and others:
- Neeru Chadha, law expert, has been elected a judge of the International Tribunal for Law of the Sea (ITLOS) and will be the first Indian woman.
- Israeli author David Grossman, first Israeli writer, has won the Man Booker International Prize. He shared the prize money euro 50,000 with translator Jessica Cohen. He got the prize for his book A Horse Walks Into a Bar.
- TRAI Chairman– R.S Sharma
- PoEM– Place of Effective Management.
- Australia Prime Minister- Malcolm Turnbull
- SDGT– Specially Designated Global Terrorist.
- IESM– Indian Ex-Servicemen Movement.
- OROP– One Rank One Pension