- Indian captain Virat Kohli reclaimed the top spot in ICC ODI rankings for batsman.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur will award the The Golden Girl of Indian atheletics P. T. Usha with the Degree Doctor of Science (honoris causa).
- The Reserve Bank of India identified 12 borrowers’ non performing assets, amounting to more than Rs. 5000 crore each, for triggering proceedings under the Insolvency and bankruptcy Code. The unnamed accounts constitute 25% of total bad loans i.e. about 25 % of the current gross NPA of the banking system.
- The government will soon clear Amazon’s proposed $500 million investment in retail of food products in India.
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has signed a $7 million (Rs. 45 crore aprox) agreement with the Metal Industries Development Institute (MIDI) Ethiopia.
- Reserve Bank of India is ready to issue new batch of Rs. 500 banknotes with the inset letter ‘A’ in both the number panel.
- DRDO successfully test-fired the third generation nag Anti-Tank Guided Missile (ATGM)
Emerging Terms, News and Other:
- Panamanian president- Jual Carlos
- British Prime Minister: Theresa May
- Uber CEO- Travis kalanick
- World Blood Donor – 14th June