- ONGC ( State owned Oil and Natural Gas Corp) may acquire India’s third largest fuel retailer HPCL in a Rs. 42254 crore deal.
- India may become power surplus country in the current fiscal as the energy shortage peak power deficit was less than 1% in April, the shortage was 0.5% compared with 1.4% a year earlier.
- GST council decides to lower rates on 66 items: Of 133 representations to reducing rates GST council downwards rate of 66 items.
Movie ticket costing rs. 100 or less, tractor components– 18% from 28%
Cashew Nuts, Insulin– 5% from 12%
Packaged foods like sauces and pickles– 12 % from 18%
The council also decided to increase the limit under compensation scheme to Rs. 75 lakh from Rs. 50 lakh.
- Veteran banker Vikram Limaye will take over the post of MD and CEO of National Stock Exchange (NSE).
- Justice CS karnan becomes first High Court Judge to retire while absconding
- India has emerged as the 7th largest exporter of agri-products globally.
- World Day against Child Labour 2017 observed
- Poet Haraprasad Das conferred with Kalinga Literary Award
- Padma Bhushan and Jnanpith awardee C Narayana Reddy passed away following health complications. He was one of the most distinguished Telugu poets of his generation.
- England beat Venezuela to win FIFA U-20 World Cup for first time
- NITI Aayog launches SATH Program-SATH aims to identify and build three future ‘role model’ states for health systems.
- Government launches Tele Law to provide legal aid in rural areas via video conferencing-Under the scheme, a portal called ‘Tele-Law’ will be launched, which will be available across the Common Service Centre (CSC) network. This will connect the citizens to legal service providers with the help of technology-enabled platforms.
- Technocrat Shashi Shekar Vempati took over as the CEO of Prasar Bharti today. He is the first non-Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer to head the public broadcaster which runs Doordarshan (DD) and All India Radio (AIR).
- French Open 2017 Winners List
Men’s Singles : Rafael Nadal (Spain)
Women’s Singles : Jeļena Ostapenko (Latvia)
Men’s Doubles : Ryan Harrison (United States) / Michael Venus(New Zealand)
Women’s Doubles : Bethanie Mattek-Sands (United States) / Lucie Šafářová (Czech Republic)
Mixed Doubles : Gabriela Dabrowski (Canada) / Rohan Bopanna (India)
Emerging terms,peoples and News:
- UBI – Universal Basic Income.
- French President: Emmanuel macron
- Israel Prime Minister: Benjamin Netanyahu
- JIT- Joint Investigating Team- releated to Panama Papers- PM of Pakistan got summoned – Bought expensive flats in London through offshore account.
- Indian Para athlete- Suvarna Raj