- The Indus Valley Civilisation is known by Harappan Culture or Harappan Civilization
- Harappa was the first Indus Valley Civilisation site to be discovered that’s why Indus Valley Civilisation is also known as the Harappan Civilisation
- The Indus Valley Civilisation is listed among the three early civilizations of the Old World. Which are the other two civilizations listed in this elite list? – Mesopotamian Civilization and the Egyptian Civilization (Some historians also add Chinese civilization in this elite list)
- Among the three early civilizations of the Old World (Mesopotamia, Egypt and Indus Valley), which was spread over the largest area? – Indus Valley Civilization (It was spread over 1.25 million kms)
- Span of the Indus Valley Civilization? – From 3300 B.C. to 1300 B.C.
- India Notifies Amended Tax Treaty with Singapore under which capital gains tax will be levied at source of investments with effect from April 1,2017. India had amended the tax treaty with Singapore on December 30, 2016, under which for two years capital gains tax will be imposed at 50 percent of the prevailing domestic rate. Full rate will apply from April 1, 2019.The revision of tax treaty will help curb revenue loss, prevent double non-taxation and streamline the flow of investments adding that the amended tax treaty has been notified.
- Bharti Airtel has acquired Tikona Digital’s 4G airwaves for Rs 1,600 crore, ramping up its high-speed broadband spectrum capacity to take on Reliance Jio Infocomm and the Vodafone-Idea Cellular in the competitive market.
- Indian capital markets Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) and National Stock Exchange (NSE) will introduce futures and options (F&O) contracts in 15 companies including InterGlobe Aviation and Indian Bank from 31 March 2017. F&O are derivative securities derived from a debt instrument, share, loan, whether secured or unsecured or any other form of security. It also derives its value from the prices, or index of prices, of underlying securities.
Q1. The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced that the cash withdrawal limit on savings accounts will be scrapped from-
13th March 2017
Q2. Which two private sector banks are live with the Bharat Bill Payment System (BBPS) that is aimed at easing utility and other repetitive bill payments for consumers?
HDFC Bank and Kotak Mahindra Bank
Q3. In which Indian city, the 23rd edition of International Conference and Exhibition on Terrestrial & Satellite Broadcasting was held?
Q4. Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has decided to phase out weekly limit on cash withdrawal from savings accounts recently. The weekly withdrawal limit for savings accounts will be raised to how much amount from 20th February 2017?
Rs. 50,000 Continue reading