- SEBI proposed an Alternate Capital Raising Platform to help startups and young entrepreneurs to raise funds. Such firms can raise funds from institutions and High networth individuals from capital markets under a relaxed regulatory regime. SEBI also proposed that capital raising would be allowed on the Institutional Trading Platform and the proposed platform will have two categories- Qualified Institutional Buyers and Non Institutional Investors (NII).
- RBI plans tougher rules for take overs involving NBFCs, according to RBI draft guidelines published on Monday, any purchase of stake of 26% or more in a company or change in more than 30% of directors would need the central banks permission.
- Alibaba Chiarman– jack ma on his second visit to country announced to help and empower small business in India.
- Defence Acquisition Council has approved the Maitri project for the co-development of Short Range Surface to Air Missile (SR-SAM) by DRDO with MBDA of France. DRDO signed MoU with MBDA in 2013.
- Enforcement Directorate provisionally attached assets worth Rs 2 crore belonging to former coal minister for state Dasari Narayana Rao in connection with the coal block allocation under PMLA.
- Haryana Government will soon start the excavation of the mythical Saraswati River from Adi Badri, the point from where it originated at foothills of Shivaliks.
- GOI has approved Rs. 1500 crore for setting up of Andhra Pradesh’s new capital in cluding Rs. 500 crore to be spent exclusively on the construction of Raj Bhawan.
- Aditi Arya of Gurgaon crowened FBB Femina Miss World 2015.
- Rellaince Power has announced the commissioning of the 6th and last 660 MW unit of the 3960 MW Sasan Ultra Mega Power Project.
- Assam CM Tarun Gogai presented Bishwaratna Dr. Bhupen Hazarika International Solidarity award to acclaimed film maker Adoor Gopalakeishnan.
- Katsushi Inoue appointed as new President and CEO of Honda Cars India limited.
India and Japan held their Defence Ministerial meeting in TokyoJapan Defence Minister- Gen Nakatani.
- China opened its first museum for Family Values.
Misiteries of Commerce, Foreign Affairs and the National Development Reform Commission (NDRC)- a top organisation that steers the Chinese economy– provided details of its One Belt One Road initiative.The belt and road has two component-The Silk Road Economic Belt (SREB) that would be established along the Eurasian land corridor from the Pacific coast to the Baltic Sea and 2nd one is Maritime Silk Road project.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Geeta Phogat was the first Indian women wrestler to qualify for Olympic in 2012 London Olympics.
- Any entity registered with SEB having a minimum net worth of Rs. 500 crore is considered as Quaified Instituiional Buyer.
- Minister of State for Overseas Indian Affairs- V.K. Singh.
- British physicist Stephen Hawking is getting his name Trademarked.