- Indian women hockey team will have its new coach Anthony Mark Thorton, who was selected to replace Neil Hawgood.
- Natural gas price on Gross Calorific Value will be slashed by 9% to 4.56 $ per mmBtu from April 1 to reflect the softening in International price.
- RBI revised regulation for NBFCs lender by directing them to get themselves rated by March 16.
Those who do not get a minimum investment grade ratings should not accept fresh deposit or renew older ones.RBI also tweaked rules in respect of Net Own Funds and pegged the mandatory requirement at Rs. 2 crore for all NBFCs and has given time till April 2017 to comply.
- BSE has decided to delist Ranbaxy from its indices from April 6.
- Former Pm Atal Bihari Vaypayee conferred highest civilian award Bharat Ratna.
- UK opened a visa centre in Gurgaon for the NCR region. With this opining , the UK will have 13 visa application centre across India more than any other country.
- ISRo will launch the IRNSS 1D, fourth navigational satellite through PSLV C-27 vehicle, with the functining of IRNSS 1D in orbit, India will have independent regional navigation satellite system.
- Abhay K, India’s first secretary in Kathmandu, has been appointed as the Director of Nehru Cener in London.
He will take over the current director Sangeeta Bahadur. He was also nominated for the Pushcart Prize 2013.
His latest book of poetry is The Seduction of Delhi.
- ISRO has been selected for the Gandhi Peace Prize 2014 for its contribution to the country’s development through space technology. This award was instituted in 1995 and carries 1 crore cash prize.
- Union Finance Minstry appointed KM Mani as chairman of the empowered committee of State Finance Minister on GST.
- PM inaugurated “Urja Sangam 2015“, event marked the celeberaation of 50 years of operation of ONGC Videsh Ltd, EIL and Barauni Refinery of IOC.
- Narendra Modi ranked 5th and Kailash Satyarthi ranked 28th in the 50 greatest leader in the world by Forutune Magazine. List has been topped by Apple CEO Tim Cook.
- US economy grew only 2.2% in fourth quarter.
- NASA’s Opportunity Rover on Mars became the first human made vehicle that has completed 11 years in space.
Emerging Terms and News:
- International Atomic Energy Association- Director General- Yukiya Amano.
- NPP– Nuclear Power Plant.
- Chairman of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board- SS Bajaj.
- DRS– Debt Redemption Scheme.
- TP Garg committee was working on 1984 Sikh riots.