- Idea cellular, the country’s third largest operator emerges as largest spectrum bidder of Rs. 30,306.98 crore followed by vodafone and airtel.
- With increase in foreign investment in insurance sector, the Insurance Australia Group (IAG) has decided to increase its stake in SBI’s general insurance arm to 49% from 26%.
- Ford inaugurated its 2nd vehicle cum engine factory at Sanand in Gujrat with an investment of about 1B$.
- Twitter launched its streaming video application Periscope.
- CII Indian Women Network (IWM) has commissioned a survey named Women @ Work on gender diversity to identify the best companies for women to work.
- Sagar Mala project, one of the pet projects of PM Modi, which envisages port led development of the nation which will lead to the creation of at least 12 smart cities and will raise India’s GDP by 2%. Under this project 12 smart cities will cost Rs 12,000 crore each.
- Health and family welfare Ministry has decided to put on hold its earlier decision to increased pictorial warning on tobacco products from the current 40% to 85%.
- Rajasthan inaugurated its first state run human milk bank Jeevan Dhara in collaboration with Norwegion government and JK Lon Hospital and aims to collect excess breast milk from lacting mothers and provide it to infants deprived of it.
- Ministry of Railway appointed Ajay Committee to review the performance of the PPP cell.
- Present spokesperson of MEA, Sayed Akbaruddin, has been appointed as chief cordinator of the India- Africa forum summit.
- Saudi Arabia launched a military operation Hauthi Rebel to defend legitimate government in Yemen.
- Artist Bharti Kher of India was conferred France highest cultural award the Knight of the Order of Arts and Letters.
- American Scott Kelly and Russian Mikhail Koenieko will become the first people to spend a whole year in International Space Station.
Emerging Terms and News:
- RSDO– Research Designs and Standards Organisatio (Lucknow).
- China funded 1.5 B$ for the port city in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Google Inc– CFO- Ruth Porat.