- Football legend Michel Platini became the president of UEFA for the third time consecutively.
- Cairn Energy of the UK is seeking compensation from the central government for the loss in value it suffered due to unfair and arbitrary Rs. 10247 crore tax demand raised using a retrospective tax law. IT department says that Cairn Energy allegedly made a capital gain of Rs. 24503.50 crore in 2006 while transferring all its India assets to a new company, Cairn India, and getting it listed on the stock exchange.
- Asian Development Bank projected that India would grow at 7.8% in 2015-16 and 8.2% in 2016-17 overtaking China’s economy.China’s growth will slow down to 7.2% this year and % in 2016. As in 2014, Asia region will continue to grow at an average of 6.3%, this year and next year.Lower oil prices will reduce inflation in developing asia to 2.6% from 3.1% last year.
- IRCTC in collaboration with Union Bank of India and National Payment Corporation of India has launched RuPay pre-paid cards for booking tickets, doing shooping and other online facilities.IRCTC- CMD– AK Manocha.UBI- CMD– Arun Tiwari said that the card holder will get free Rs. 1 lakh accidental insurance coverage.
- World Tuberclosis Day was observed on March 24 with theme- Reach the 3 million: Reach, Treat, Cure Everyone– aimed at searching care for the 3 million who fail to be treated every year.
- Two year old Dolly Shinavi Cherukuri of Andhra Pradesh enters into the India Book of Records as the youngest archer. She scored 200 points over 5 and 7 meters distance.
- Amitav Ghosh has been selected among 10 finalist for this year’s Man Booker International Prize. He missed the Booker Prize in 2008 when he was shortlisted for his work Sea of Poppies. This prize carries euro 60,000 amount.
- 62nd National Film Awards announced-
- Best Film– Court- Directed by Chaitanya Tamhane.
- Best Actress– Kangana Ranaut for film Queen, directed by Vijay Bhal.
- Best Director- Srijit Mukherji for film Chotushkone.
- Best Actor– Vijay (Kannad).
- Most award for one film– Haider.
- Best Popular film– Mary Kom.
- Best film on environmental conservation– Ottaal, a Malayalam movie.
- Novelist Akhil Sharma won the Euro 40,000 Folio Prize 2015 for his Novel Family Life. His first novel was An Obedient Father.
- Nobel laurate Mohammad Yunus has been summoned by the National Board of Revenue, Bangladesh to settle a case involving nearly Tk 140 million in unpaid taxes.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Committee on Data and Information Management is headed by Deepak Mohanty.