- Novack Jokovic claimed his 50th career ATP title by defeating Roger Fedrer at Indian Wells championship (BNP Praibas Open).
- Sania Mirja and Swiss Marina Hingis wins the double title of BNP Paribas Open.
- FinMin, while announcing the governments borrowing for the next fiscal, said that 60% i.e. Rs. 3.60 lakh crore of the total Rs. 6 lakh crore amount would be raised in the first half through the issuance of bonds and treasury bills. Total borrowings are higher than Rs.5.92 lakh crore estimated for the current fiscal.
- SEBI and RBI are looking at drafting the regulation that will make greater capital account convertibility in notified financial SEZ, said by the union commerce secretary Rajeev Kher. This proposal is based on the Percy Mistry committee report in 2007.
- Government is planning to setup at least ten urea plants in coal rich states. At present the annual demand of urea is 31 Million Tonnes out of which domestic production is about 22 MT rest we have to import mainly from China.
- MRF will soon sign a MoU with Tamil Nadu government to invest 4500 crore to expand its capacity.
- SEBI bars three companies- Everligh Realcon Infrastructure Ltd, Tresty Securities Ltd and Real Vision International Ltd from raising funds from the public.
- Union government plans to rename its Jan Aushadhi scheme which was setup with the intention of providing access to affordable medicines to all. This scheme was launched in 2008.
- March 23rd is observed asWorld Meteorological Day with theme- Knowledge for Climate Action.Pakistan Day
- 22nd March is observed as World Water Day with theme Water and Sustainable Development.
- India is planning to export defence material and training military personnel of at least 38 countries.
- India has become third largest steel produce in the world surpassing US. India’s production in first two months- January and February of 2015 was 14.56 MT.China tops in steel production and account for nearly half of the global steel production of 65 MT.
- Mars One, a Netherland based non profit organisation, aims to send four people to colonise the red planet in 2024, which includes three Indians among its 100 finalist, has been pushed back by two years.Mars One- CEO- Bas Lansdrop.
- Bob Hewitt, a former grand slam doubles tennis champion was convicted of rape and sexual assault.
- Ecologist Madhav Gadgil has been chosen for the prestigious Tyler Prize for Environment Achievement for 2015. He will share the $2,00,000 cash prize with American marine ecologist Jane Lubchenco. This award was instituted in 1973.
Dr Gadgil was the chairman of the Western Ghats Ecology Expert Panel (WGEEP).
- Shashi Kapoor has been selected for the Dadasaheb Phalke award for 2014. He will be the 46th winner of this award.
- President of India conferred one Kirti Chakra and eleven Shaurya Chakra. Kirti Chakra was given to Captain Jaidev.
Emerging Terms and News:
- 6000 MW Mithivirdu Nuclear power plant has got Coastal Regulator Zone clearance.
- Reenowned Malayalam poet Yusufali Kechery passed away.
- India and China holds 18th round of border talk.
- First vice president of Cuba Miguel Diaz-Canel Bermudez Mario is recently in news.
- Food and Drug Minister- Girish Bapat.