- Phil Simnons was named as the new head coach of West Indies cricket team.
- Union government has cancelled the bids of Jindal steel & power and Bharat Aluminium Company for four coal blocks.
- BSNL plans to install WiFi hotspots on the shore lines of the Marina Beach.
- Union Cabinet approved the Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) to provide skill training to youth across the country. It will be implemented by Union Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship through National Skill Development Corporation with corpus of 1500 crore.
- Amitabh Bachchan appointed as brand ambassador for the Union Government campaign against Hepatitis-B after his successful stint as UNICEF’s good will ambassador of Pulse Polio campaign in India.Hepatitis-B campaign is a part of Governments child immunization program named Mission Indra Dhanush against seven vaccine preventable disease.
- March 21 observed as—International Day of Forest with theme- Forest and Climate Change.World Poetry Day.World Down Syndrome Day.International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
- Lata Mangeshkar was presented the Laadli Voice of the Century.
- Eminent environment activist Rajender Singh widely popular as the Water Man, was named the 2015 Stockholm Water Prize for improving water security and water restoration in rural areas. Sweden’s king Carl XVI Gustaf, Patron of the Stockholm prize, will present the prize to Mr. Singh during 2015 World Water Week on August 26.He also won Raman Magsaysay award in 2001 for water harvesting and water management.Stockholm Water Prize founded in 1991, presented by Stockholm International Water Institute (SIWI) of USD 150,000.
- Katharine Viner will be the first woment to be the next editor-in-chief of the Guardian Publication U.S.
- Foreign Ministers of South Korea, Japan and China pledged to set up a trilateral leadership summit to calm region tensions.
- Belgian film maker Thierry Michel’s movie The Man Who Mends Women- the wrath of hippocrates, shows the effort of Dr. Denis Mukwege to repair the physical snd psychological injuries of thousands of women brutalized by rape in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Chinese airline completed the countries first commercial flight using bio-fuel made from waste cooking oil collected from restaurants in China.
- China rolls out world’s first hydrogen powered Tramcar.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Sanam Singh and Saketh Myeni are tennis player.
- NIAC– Nasa Innovative Advanced Concepts.
- LPSC– Lunar and Planetary Science Conference.
- UUVs– Unmanned Underwater Vehicles.
- S.V Veeramani– President- Indian Drug Manufature’s Association.
- Hashimpura Massacre took place in 1987.
- Guts & Glory book by – Makrand Waingankar.