- Soth Africa defeated Sri Lanka in first quarter final of World Cup and entered in semi finals.
- Mahindra World City, an integrated business city, is expecting to create 2500-3000 new jobs in the manufacturing sector.
- CII plans to raise Rs. 10 crore from private sector to setup a Centre of Excellence on Entrepreneurship in Bengaluru. Presently CII has nine excellence centre in diffrenet parts of the country.
- IT minister Ravi Shankar Prasad launched Bharati.in, a public policy portal that attempts to put into perspective policy matters using an ancient yet contemporary approach.
- Si2 landed at Babatpur airport in Varanasi. Ahmadabad and Varanasi were choosen as the two touch points in India for Si2 landing points. After this Si2 is scheduled to leave for Mandalay in Myanmar.
- World Economic Forum named union HRD minister Smriti Irani as young global leader from India.
- India will hold one of the biggest global yoga meets in China to celebrate the UN First International Yoga Day. 170 countries voted for the UN Yoga Day proposed by PM of India in 2014.
- Air to Air missile Astra was successfully launched from Sukhoi 30 fighter aircraft.
- Benjamin Netanyahu of Likud Party re-eleted as Prime Minister of Israel.
- Greek Parliament adopted Anti Poverty law aimed at helping its poorest people. Greek PM is- Alexis Tsipras.
- Three EU nations Germany, France and Italy have agreed to join China backed Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank. With this joining, the total member states including India will go to 30. In last week UK became the first western country to join the Bank.
- Britians new 12 edged euro 1 coin, designed by a school boy, will be introduced in 2017. David Pearce recieved a surprise phone call from the FinMin George Osborne to congratulate him on winning a competition launched by Royal Mint.
Emerging Terms and News:
- World’s top five arm exporters- US (31%), Russia (27%), China (5%), Germany (5%), France (5%).
- Tulu film director KN Tailor passed away.
- CII- Confedration of India Industry- DG- Chandrajit Banerji.
- Women’s world chess championship started in Sochi, Russia.