- Chinese handset maker Xiaomi surpassed global smartphone giant Samsung and Apple in terms of market share to become India’s top 4G handset seller in January.
- According to CRISIL, due to fall in fuel price and inflation, saving on fuel expenses alone will be Rs. 30,000 crore and it will over thrice that amount at Rs. 1.10 lakh for food. This will also lead to increase in spending power of Rs. 1.40 lakh crore in fiscal 2016 when commpared to Rs. 50,900 crore in fiscal 2015.
- SBI released its monthly and yearly Composite Index for tracking India’s manufacturing activity. The monthly index shown growth of 58.5 in March 2015 from 47.6 in Feb 2015 while yearly SBI Composite Index for March 2015 inched up to 54.6 from 53.5 in Feb 2015.
- All India Radio FM service could cover the whole country in the next two years. At present only 40% of country is covered.
- Cabinet approves black money bill- The undisclosed Foreign Income and Assets (imposition of Tax) Bill for a penalty of upto 300% of tax amount evaded, in addition to 10 years rigorous imprisonment.
- Union government plans to invest nearly Rs. 1000 crore revival package for Fetilizers and Chemical Travancore (FACT). Union Minister Ananth Kumar saud that FACT is the other of fertilizers plant in the country.
- Supreme Court quashed UPA government notification to include Jats in central list of OBC as they don’t form socio economic backward class.
- For setting up 100 smart cities in the country, Hitachi India and Siemens Ltd signed a MoU with Confideration of Indian Industry to form a consortium.
- HDFC Bank in partnership with MobME has launched Chiller mobile app to instant money transfer to any contact in their phonebook.
- Minoti Apte, a Indian pancreatic cancer researcher in Australia has been named New Soth Wales Women of the year 2015.
- Veteran Malayalam singer and music composer S. Kamal passed away.
- China’s state councilor Yang Jiechi will visit India on March 23 for boundary talks with his Indian counterpart Ajit Doval.
- US based Mirach Capital is set to file 400 M$ defamation suit aganst Sahara.
- India and Krygyzstan signed a MoU to boost up the cooperation in the textile sector.