- Paul Nav Ass took charge as chief coach of the Indian men’s hockey team.
- Sultan Azlan Shah tournament to be held in Ipoh, Malaysia from April 5 to 12.
- Sudirman Cup is related to Badminton.
- Snapdeal to acquire logistics firm Gojavas in a deal estimated to be about Rs. 150-200 crore.
- Centre notifies the roll back provision under the Advance Pricing Agreement (APA) has been notified that will enable companies to enter into APA with tax authorities for the previous four years.APA introduced in 2012 companies could enter into an APA with tax authorities for next 5 years.
- Infosys is planning to merge its banking product team Finacle with the newly formed subsidiary EdgeVerve System (CEO & MD- Sanjay Purohit).
- Wipro Ltd appointed Abid Ali Neemuchwala as group President and COO of the company.
- Mr. Ashu Suyash will be appointed as new MD & CEO of CRISIL by June 1, 2015. He will succeed Roopa Kudva.
- IMF said India’s economy was likely to grow 7.5 % in 2015-16. IMF chief Chritine Lagarde on a two day visit to India said that India must reduce inequality to become the worlds largest by 2030. She also said only 33% of women in India participate int he labour force which was lower than the global average of 50%.
- The Taj Mahal has been emerged ass the most popular destination in Asia among Virtual Traveller, a google street view project.
- Assam government launched Momai Tamuli Barbarvah Krishak Bondhu Scheme to increase agriculture production by providing cropping in their land.
- FinMin Arun Jaitely inaugurated 5th National community radio sammelan.
- IMF chief said that Indian economy is poised to overtake the combined GDP of Japan and Germany in next five years.
- Riva Ganguly Das appointed as next ambassador of India to Romania.
- Nancie Atwell has been named as the first winner of the 1 M$ Varkey foundation Global Teacher Prize, widely refered to as the Nobel Prize for teacher.
- Crimea today celebrates its first anniversary since it voted to leave Ukrain and become part of Russia.
- China became worlds number third arm exporter after US and Russia. Volume of the multi-billion dollar world arm trade rose by 16% during 2010 to 2014 period.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Badminton Association of India- President- Akhilesh Das Gupta.
- AIIB– Asia Infrastructure Investment Bank.
- BCAS– Bureaue of Civil Aviation Security.