- World NO. 4 young Indian shuttler K. Srikanth clinched the Swiss grand prix gold championship by defeating Victor Alexon.
- IPL season 8 set to start on April 8 with first match between KKR and MI.
- India won 3-1 against Polland in the final of the Hero Womens Hockey World League round 2.
- Services lifted the Santosh Trophy football championship after edging out host Punjab.
- Rs. 10,000 crore will be released by center to Andhra Pradesh in accordance with the provision in Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act.
- Facebook acquired the shopping search engine TheFind.
- Out of Rs. 1000 crore allocated for Nirbhaya Fund only 200 crore has been allocated so far towards various schemes to ensure women safety. Nirbhaya Fund has been created with corpus of Rs. 1000 crore in public account in the Department of Economio Affairs in financial year 2013-14.
- The Rajnats, the community of Rajasthan managed to elect a woman sarpanch from their own community for the first time.
- India has called off plans for PM Narendra Modi’s travel to Brussels during his visit to Europe and Canada next month.
- Power Finance Corporation Ltd signed MoU with Telangana state power generation corporation to provide funds totaling to Rs. 15000 crore for the construction of two thermal power projects at Manuguru and Damaracherla.
PFC -Chairman and MD- M.K. Goyal.
- Both the houses of parliament have worked more than their scheduled time according to report. Loksabha worked 113% and Rajya Sabha worked for 104%.
- 15 March 2015 has been observed as World Consumer Rights Day with theme Helping Consumers Choose Healthy Diets.
- India Ocean Rim Association (IORA) are meeting for the first time in Odhisa to discuss strategic challenges in the region. IORA is the regional forum consisting of coastal states bordering the Indian Ocean.
- Newzeland government handed over 170 million NZ dollars (128 M$) to the indigenous Ngai Tuhoe tribe for their new start and development.
- International Energy Agency( IEA) released the data on global CO2 emmission. according to it global CO2 emission stood at 32.3 billion tonne in 2014 which is same as in year 2013. For the first time in 40 years global CO2 emission stalled. The cause for the halt of CO2 emission is the changing patterns of energy consumption in China and OECD countries. IEA was established in 1973 at Viena.
Emerging News and Terms:
- Vandana Katiyar, Rani and Ritu Rani are woomen hockey players.
- Himanshu Kumar Chang is weightlifter.
- Cyclone Pam devastated Island nation Vanauta capital Port Vila.
- UAN– Universal Account Number.
- Fondally called as Queen of Israeli cinema, Lian Van Leer passed away.
- Narayan Desai known for his Gandhi Katha which he started in 2004 passed away.
- Maldieves:President- Abdulla Yameen.Vice President- Mohamed Jameel Ahmed.Parliament- People’s Majlis.Independence- From UK in 1965.Curremcy- Maldivian Rufiyaa.Capital- Male.