- Saina Nehwal regained World No 2 ranking after she became the first women shuttler from India to reach the All England Championship. In 2011 she attained the world no. 2 ranking for the first timeAgain in 2012 after winning bronze in London Olympics she was back at No. 2 for about three weeks.
- World Cup Heroes book written by Chandresh Narayanan was released by former Indian stumper Kiran More.
- Karnataka clinches eight Ranji Trophy by defeating Tamil Nadu.
- UAE is set to 2019 AFC Asian Cup. AFC President– Sheikh Salman bin Ibrahim Al Khalifa.
- Securities Appellate Tribunal (SAT) quashed the three year market ban imposed on the reality giant DLF by SEBI by passing a majority order. In October 2014 SEBI had barred DLF and six others from capital market for 3 years, alleging active and deliberate suppression of material facts.
SEBI can challenge the SAT order in the Supreme Court.
- Cairn India had been slapped Rs. 20495 crore tax demanded for allegedly failing to pay taxes on gains made by its former parent in a share transfer transition about eight years ago by Income Tax department.
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar will go on fast for 24 hours against the NDA governments Land Acquisition Bill.
- India lodged a strong protest over a Pakistan court’s order to release Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, master mind of 26/11 terror attacks in Mumbai.
- Western Naval command decommissioned INS Alleppey, one the six Pondicherry class coastal minesweepers purchased from the erstwhile USSR in 1970.
- Telangana CM K. Chandrasekhar Rao announced hefty increase in salaries of Zila Panchayat chairperson and mayors.
- A preliminary loan deal signed in November 2014 during visit of PM Narendra Modi to Australia by SBI to grant 1 B$ loan to Adani Enterorises intended for coal project in Australia may be scapped according to SBI sources.
- Union Minister of Chemical and Fertilizers Ananth Kumar launched Pharma Jan Samadhan Scheme It is a web enabled system for redressal of consumer and grievances relating to pricing and availability of medicines created by NPPA ( National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority).
- Indian-origin Ganasen Reddy won the KwaZulu Natal 2015 National Teaching award for lifetime achievement in teaching in South Africa.
- India and Sri Lanka signed four agreements, those are#Exemption from visa for holders of diplomatic passports#Cooperation in mutual assistance in customs#MoU for youth development#To establish Rabindranath Tagore museum at a Sri Lanka university
- Bangladesh national party chairperson Khaleda Zia has anounced to go ahead with ongoing anti-government agitation.
- Fianace Minister Arun jaitely during his two day visit to United Kingdom will unveil the statue of Mahatma Gandhi at Parliament Square. This statue has been made by leading British sculpture Phillip Lackson.UK PM- David Cameron.Chancellor- George Osborne.
- Pakistan successfully test a homemade armed drone and a laser guided missile “BURRAQ” which translates as Flying Horse.
- France and Japan agreed to work together on researching military equipment.
- To help the island nation in keeping its currency stable, RBI and Sri Lankan Central Bnak signed a 1.5 B$ currency swap deal. At current, one Indian rupee equals to 2.12 Sri Lankan rupee.
- The British Irish visa scheme came into force in India. The scheme allowed Indian nationals to travel to the UK and Ireland on a single visit visa from either country.
Emerging Terms, News and Books:
- AFT- Armed Force Tribunal.
- IPKF– Indian Peace Keeping Force.
- March 13th, World Sleep Day is observed on the friday of the second week of March.
- LCC– Low Cost Carrier.
- WASM– World Association of Sleep Medicine.