- Karnataka defeated Tamil Nadu to win Ranji Trophy finals.
- Vandana Katiyar puts India in the semifinals of Hero Women’s Hockey World League Round 2. Vandana scored 4 goals.
- Manoj Tiwari will lead the Rest of India in the five day Zal Irani Cup to be played at Bangaluru against Ranji Trophy winner Karnataka from March 17 to 21.
- With the hike in FDI limit in insurance sector, Centre is expecting the foreign capital to the tune of Rs. 25,000 crore to be flow in insurance sector. This will help to increase insurannce penetration from 3 percent currently to 6 percent.
- CPI (Consumer Price Index) edged upto 5.37% in February from 5.11% (5.19% revised) in January and Food inflation stands at 6.8 percent.
- Union Government asked Public sector banks to set up a special cell to ensure smooth flow of credit to minority community and also decided to increase percentage share of lending to each minority.
- Employees Provident Fund Organisation’s trustee Central Board of Trustee (CBT), headed by the labour ministry decided to raise the age limit from 58 to 60 years for vesting of pension. This will provide a benefit of 4 percent enhanced pension per year. CBT also decided to appoint SBI as its fund manager for a three year term beginning from April 1.
- With the number grown to 250 of one-horned rhinoceros, West Bengal became 2nd highest population state of one-horned rhinoceros after Assam.Jaldapara National Park ( West Bengal) – 200 rhinoceros.Gorumara National Park ( West Bengal)- 50 rhinoceros.Kaziranga National Park (Assam)- Over 2000 rhinoceros.
- The erstwhile king of Mysore, Tipu Sultan’s, arms and armour to be auctioned by Bonhamas as part of Islamic and Indian art acution on April 21.
- ISRO’s launcher assembly unit gets Rs.120 crore budget boost.The amount is the first big allocation for additional infrastructure since it was approved in 2013.
- A three day Indian Panorama Film Festival organised by Directorate of Film Festival was inaugurated in Shillong, Meghalaya.CM of Meghalaya– Mukul Sangama.
- Maharstra Government to develop new city named NAINA around the upcoming Navi Mumbai International Airport.
- 2nd Thursday in March annually observed as World Kidney Day.
- Japan’s Aerospace Exploration Agency or JAXA had successfully transmitted electric power wirelessly to a pinpoint target using Microwaves
- China is banking on private initiative, innovation and startups to reignite its slowing economy.
- British Author Terry Pratechett passed away. His first book is The Colour of Magic.
- Operation Collateral freedom is launched to unblock censored websites in 11 countries including China, Russia, Iran and Saudi Arabia.
- India and Mauritius agreed to push forward their negotiations for long pending revision of Double Taxation Avoidance Treaty (DTAT).
- National tourism agency of England “Visit Britain” signed bollywood actor Saif Ali khan to promote an Indian centric British campaign known as Bollywood Britain.
Emerging Terms and News:
- TDS- Tax Deducted at Source.
- British Foreign Secretary- Philip Hammond.
- Google launched, Street View Project, a virtual tour project of the everest region of Nepal.
- IORA– Indian Ocean Regional Association.Secretary General- K.V. Bhagirath, who is current ambassador to Mauritius.
- SAGAR– Security and Growth for All in the Region.
- SVAB– Second Vehicle Assembly Building.