- National Weightlifting Championship flagged off in Rajasthan.
- Injeti Srinivas appointed as Director General of Sports Authority of India. He will continue to hold additional charge of chairman of National Pharmaceutical Pricing Authority.Former DG of SAI– Jiji Thomsan.
- IMF projected India’s growth upto 7.5 percent in 2015-16, up from 7.2 percent in the current year. In budget 2015-16, government estimated India ill grew up by 8.5 percent in 2015-16.IMF mission chief for India- Paul Cashin.
- Government approved appointment of 9 executive director in various public sector banks.
- Government had infused capital of Rs. 14,000 crore during 2013-14 in 14 Public sector Banks. While it decided to infuse 6990 crore in 9 PSB’s during 2014-15.
- RBI included Macau and Hongkong in the list of countries whose citizens are prohibited from acquiring of transferring immovable property in India.
Such list includes- Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, china, Iran, Nepal and Bhutan. and the limit for lease should not exceed five years.
- LIC will provide 1.5 lakh crore in the next five years to the Railways for funding projects, as railway needs Rs. 8.5 lakh crore in the next five years in various projects.According to Railway Budget 2015-16, its total planned budget is Rs. 1 lakh crore.
- SBI solds 4 percent stake in Credit Information Bureau of India (CIBIL) for an estimated Rs. 72 crore to IIFI.
- Indian born author Salman Rushdie will join the journalism faculty at the New York university later this year. Mr. Rushdie won 1981 Booker Prize for Midnights Children.
- Zoological Survey of India found three new records of Coral Reefs on the Sindhudurg coast near Malvan of Maharashtra.
- Pakistan high commissioner Abdul Basit will visit Kolkata between March 17 and 19.
- First Kissan Call Centre (KCC) of North East opened in Agartala Tripura. KCC will give immediate solution and real time advisory to farmers.
- Union Transport and Highway Ministry launched a web portal inampro.nic.in to hasten the process of construction of cement concrete highways in India.INAM-PRO– Infrastrucure and Material providers.
- Arun Jaitely agreed to release an additional Rs. 1000 crore to Andhra Pradesh towards meeting the post-hudhud relief works.
- United States of America named David Hale as new ambassador to Pakistaan.
- Solar power airplane Solar Impulse 2 (Si2) landed at Ahemdabad airport on Tuesday night which is its 2nd stop since it began its world tour from Abu Dhabi on March 8.
Its pilot and co-developer are Andre Borschberg and Bertrand Piccard.
- India and Seychelles signed four agreements for cooperation in hydrography, renewable energy, infrastructure development and hydro-graphic survey.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Coach of India football team- Stephen Constantine.
- Union Revenue Secretary- Shashikanta Das.
- CDR– Corporate Debt Restructuring.
- NBV– Net Book Value.
- ORF– Observer Research Foundation.
- Nitish government won trust vote in Bihar.