Mahendra Singh Dhoni surpassed Saurov Ganguly as the most successful Indian captain in terms of ODI victories achieved in foreign shores.Dhoni has 59 while Ganguly had 58 under his belt.
- Sachin Tendulkar, Mahendra Sing Dhoni, Adam gilchrist, Wasim Akram and Viv Richards are the five nominies for the crown of the greatest ODI cricketer of all the time, an excercise conducted by ESPNcricinfo’s maggazine “Cricket Monthly”.
Coal India Limited production indicates that this year the figure may touch 492 Million Tonnes against the target of 507 MT. While it closed 2013-14 with 462 MT. It has grown only 6.8% for the first eleven months of 2014-15.The company has target to raise annual production to 1000 MT by 2020.
- In 2014, gold recycling fell to its lowest level at 1122 tonne or 26% of total gold supply. In 2014 India recycled just 77 tonnne of gold.
National Payment Corporation of India, the umbrella organisation for all retail payment system in India, had successfully linked 15 crore bank accounts with AADHAR Number.MD & CEO of NPCI– A.P. Hoota.
- No tax on premature withdrawl from Private Provident Fund below 30,000.
- IS destroyed ancient Assyrian archaeological site of Nimrud in Iraq.
- US ambassador to South Korea Mark Lippert had been attacked by knife.
- India and Egypt decided to form a Joint Working Group for cooperation on environment and climate change.
- Pakistani Maritime Security agency detained 48 Indian fisherman.
- Sushma Swaraj informed Parliament that new route for Kailash Mansarovar Yatra through Nathu La in Sikkim will be operationalised bu June this year.
- National Research Development Corporation (NDRC) has signed an agreement with Central Council for Reasearch in Ayurvedic Sciences (CCRAS) to commercialize ayurvedic medicines. The MOA was signed by Chairman and Managing Director, NRDC H Purushotham and Director General, CCRAS Abhimanyu Kumar.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been named among 30 most influnced people on the Internet by Times Magazines.
Emerging Terms and News:
- World Gold Council (WGC) – MD- Mr. P. Somasundaram.
- LBMA– London Bullion Market Association.
- IMBL– International Maritime Boundary Line.
- Former CM of Bihar Ram Sunder Das passed away.
- PM of Sri Lanka– Ranil Wickremesinghe
- Forerign Minister of Sri Lanka– Mangala Samaraeera.
- President of Sri Lanka– Maithripala srisena