- Manavjit Sandhu missed the Olympic quota place by just one point after settled for bronze medal in mens’s trap event at Shotgun World Cup in Acapulco, Mexico.
- Swedish commercial vehical major AB Volvo sold around 4.% stake in Eicher Motors for 310 M$.
- Government is selling air waves in four bands– 2100MHz, 1800MHz, 900MHz and 800MHz.
- Bnadhan Financial Services has now applied for its formal banking licence. Earlier it had recieved provisional licence.Chairman and Managing Director- Chandra Shekhar Ghosh.
- Avantha Power signed a binding share purchase agreement to sell its Korba plant for Rs. 4200 crore. It is a coal based thermal power plant.
- SEBI announced a saral or simplified account opening forms and procedure for new individual investors.
- RBI has cut down repo rate (Policy rate) by 25 bps to 7.5% from 7.75%.
- Bharti Airtel partnered with China Mobile for evolving mobile technology standard.
- After a real time update by business magazine Forbes, Dilip Shanghvi of Sun Pharma, with net worth of 21.5 B$ became the richest person of India surpassing 8 consecutive year richest India Mukesh Ambani, who on Monday this month named the richest person of India.
- Due to some technical anomaly, ISRO has postponed the launch of IRNSS-1D which is India’s fourth navigational satellite.
- Long pending Insurance Laws Amendment Bill, seeks to raise FDI cap in Insurance sector to 49% has been passed in Lok Sabha.
- Master blaster Sachin Tendulkar has invited his fans to suggest a title for a documentary based on his life which is set to released soon.
- Bus service between Varanasi and Kathmandu was flagged off by Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav. The new service is called as Bharat-Nepal Maitri Bus service.
- March 3, 2015 observed as World Wildlife Day with theme Wildlife crime is serious, Let’s get serious about wildlife crime.
- Rani Mukerji has been awarded by National Institute of Gender Justice (NIGJ) for representing the cause of Women and Girl child.
- Indian-American physician Rahul Jindal selected for prestigious Fulbright Nehru Distinguisher Chair.
- Telengana government has decided to launch the e-panchayat program in 18 village panchayats.
- China is set to hike its defense budget by 10% to help fortify its submarine based military deterrent and advance the development of stealth fighter jets. Last year defense budget of China stood at 130 B$.
- The oldest women in the world, Japan’s Misao Okawa celeberated her 117th birthday.
- Turkey president, Tayyip Erdgan, fined with 1 lakh Turkish Lira. A court has found Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan guilty of insulting renowned sculptor Mehmet Aksoy over an incident in 2011 when he called Aksoy’s statue symbolizing goodwill between Turkey and Armenia a “monstrosity.” The president is sentenced to pay TRY 10,000 in damages to the sculptor.
- Three South Asian women, Niloofar Rahmani of Afghanistan, Nadia Sharmee of Bangladesh and Tabassum Adnan of Pakistan were selected for International Women of Courage award for year 2015
Emerging Terms and News:
- Hockey India high performance director- Roelant Oltman.
- In India, 80% of total population lives in village and the major energy demand of rural population is for cooking which contributes to about 98% of their total energy consumption.
- SFI– Swimming Federation of India.
- Jitpur, Brinda and Sisai mines are at Jharkhand.
- European Commission head- Jean Claude Juncker.
- Ukrain President– Petro Poroshenko.
- US Secretary of Commerce– Penny Pritzker.
- POCSO- Prevention of Children for Sexual Offences.
- Araku Utsavam is celebrated in Andhra Pradesh.
- Universal Society of Hinduism president– Rajan Zed.
- RORO– Roll On Roll Off.