- Hasim Amla became the fastest player to reach the 20 ODI centuries. He break the record in 108th innings by beating Virat Kohki’s recoed of reaching 20 ODI centuries in 133 innings.
- A film, Kirkit, based on former cricketer Kirti Azad’s life will be released next year.
- The Asian Rugby 7s’ olympic prequalifiers for men and women will be held in Delhi on 7 and 8th March. The winner of the tournament qualifies for Asian Olympic qualifier. Rugby 7s’ is the shorter form of Rugby Union game with 7 players on each side laying to halves of seven minutes on each. The game will make its debut at 2016 Rio Olympics.
- Mustaq Ali T20 tournament will be held from March 25.
- Global Pharmaceutical firm GSK signed an agreement with Sun Pharmaceutical firm, whereby Sun Pharma will acquire GSK’s opiates business in Australia.
- Due to low level support from the Government, Rating agency Moody’s on tuesday downgraded Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank’s local and foreign currency deposit rating.
- Recently Government infused Rs. 6990 crore in 9 out of 28 state run banks based on their return on equity and assets.
- For year 2015-16 Government has only allocated Rs. 7940 crore for 28 state run banks despite much higher requirements but allowed them to raise money from the Capital markets by bringing down the government stake to 52%.
- Apple regains number one slot in smartphone sales.
- Centre and RBI signed an agreement to keep inflation below six percent and to promote price stability and growth.
- According to study by Indian Institute of Science Bangalore, widespread deforestation, especially in the northern high altitudes is the reason for rain over northern hemisphere.
- Gautham Pai, promoter and MD of the Manipal Group, got the lifetime achievement award.
- The western Uttar Pradesh Police have planned a social media monitoring lab to encounter hate speech on facebook and twitter in the communally sensitive region.
- Finance Ministry Arun Jaitely gone against his ministry. He recommended that any change in states’ share from 32 percent will prove to be detrimental for the Union Government’s fiscal health.
In the budget 2015-16, Arun Jaitely announced that state share in central tax will be increased to 42 percent.
- After 9 years, Karnataka government has decided to implement the Akrama-Sakrama scheme for regularization of unauthorized construction in all urban areas.
- Foreign secretary S. Jaishankar and his Pakistani counterpart Aizaz Ahmed Chaudhary wrapped up security level talks. Jaishankar said that the talks held in constructive and positive atmosphere.
- World’s largest and tallest Indian tricolor flag weighs 48Kg and 96 by 64 feet in dimension was hoisted at a height of 250 feet.
- Under the scheme Mere Bujurg Mere Teerth, Uttrakhand government decided to take atleast 25,000 people above age of 65 years of state on Char Dham Yatra.
- Election Commission of India has launched National Electoral Roll Purification and Authentication Program to improve the quality of electoral rolls with clear image and also will link electoral rolls with ADHAR data of UIDAI.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu declared on Tuesday that the deal bring negotiated between world powers and Iran would leave Tehran free to develop nuclear weapons.
Mr. Netanyahu said Iran a global threat. The deal currently going between world powers and Iran will not prevent Iran from developing nuclear weapons.
- Edward Snowden, the wishtleblower, who has been given refuge in Russia is willing to return to United States.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Shagun Chaudhary is related to womens trap shooting.
- Gaganjeet Bhuller is a Golf player.
- MR Lalith Babu is related to Chess.
- Chines environment minister Chen Jining is recently in news due to a online documentary over China’s smog produced by Chai Jing.
- Leader of opposition in Rajya Sabha- Ghulam Nabi Ajad.
- Deputy chairman of Rajya Sabha- P.J. Kurien.
- Hyderabad based Indian National Centre for Ocean Information Services(INCOIS) launched and app for fisherman for sms warning over climate change.