- Rafael Nadal won ATP Argentina Open by defeating Juan Monaco. Now the former world champion Nadal climbed back to third place in the latest ATP rankings.
- IOB and Kerala EB won the first all India basketball tournament in men’s and women’s category respectively.
- Indo-China chess summit 2015 flagged off.
- Growth in eight core industries declined to 1.8% in January 2015. Negative growth in crude oil and natural gas and low growth in steel, cement and electricity have led to the dip in the over all growth rate.
In January 2014 these sector expand by 3.7% . Core sector contributes 38% to the overall industrial production.
- RBI Governor said that a 7.4% GDP expansion made India one of the fastest growing large economy in the world.
- Gold refinery MMTC-PAMP, a joint venture between MMTC and Switzerkand’s PAMP, is ready with a gold metal account scheme announced in Budget recently. The scheme can mobilise gold from small consumers who account for a significant share.
- According to the data released by CGA- Controller General of Accounts, the fiscal deficit rose to 5.68 lakh crore in April-January period, breaching the budget estimate of Rs. 5.31 lakh crore by 107%.
- Wipro, countries 3rd largest software services firm, has partnered with World Economic Forum to develop a cyber value at risk (VAR) framework.
- Foreign secretayr S. Jaishankar discussed a wide range of topics including SAARC, Bimstec and other bilateral issues with his Bangladeshi counterpart Abul Hassan Mahmood Ali.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will soon visit to Bangladesh.
- Current ambassador of India to France, Arun Singh, has been named as new ambassador to US. He will replace S. Jaishankar who is currently serving as Foreign Secretary.
- A bill seeks to remove disparity between Persons of Indian Origin and Overseas Citizenship of India card holders, Citizenship Amaendment Bill 2015, passed by Lok Sabha.
- 63rd All India Police wrestling cluster stareted in Delhi, hosted by ITBP (Indo Tibettan Border Police force.
- Government may declare additional 101 routes as National Waterways.
- Union Government blocked private e-mail network like yahoo and gmail for official work to monitor staff’s online activities. Only e-mail services provided by NIC shall be used for official communications.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu addressed the American Israeli Public Affairs Committe (AIPAC).
- Namibia’s outgoing president Hifikepunye Pohamba named winner of worlds richest award “Mo Ibrahim Prize” for good governance in Africa. Prize money of this award is 5 M$.
Ex-President of Mozambique, Botswana and Cape Verde have been previous recipient of this award.
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket carrying the world’s first all electric communication satellite successfully launched.
- China has launched a massive 79.8 Billion dollar infrastructure project in the northwest province of Gansu to facilitate trade and exchange between China and Central Asia as part of Silk road project.
- Former PM of Nepal Baburam Bhattarai visited India.
Appointments and Resignations:
- Baldev Bhai Sharma appointed as next chairman of National Book Trust. He succeded A. Sethumadhwan.
- Jagmohan Dalmia elected as new president of BCCI. After a gap of 10 years he was re-elected this time. He also served as President of ICC in 1997.
- Kannan Ramesh, Indian origin lawyer, appointed as judicial commissioner to Supreme Court bench of Singapore.
- Mohan Kumar will be new ambassador to France. He will succeed Arun Singh.
Emerging Terms and News:
- An online documentary “Under the Dome” on China’s smog has become viral with more than 155 million viewers, produced by Chai Jing.
- Santosh Trophy is related to Football.
- ANBS- Adjusted Net bank Credit
- CEOBE- Credit Equivalent of Off Balance sheet Exposure.
- Iraq PM– Haider al Abdi recently in news.
- Palma mines are located in Chattisgarh.
- CPGRAMS– Centalised Public Grievances Redressal and Monitoring Syatem.