- SriLanka hammers England with nine wicket victory.
- Harendra Gupta won the inaugural Golconda Masters Golf Championship.
- Pakistan has topped the chart of most searched teams in the ongoing ICC World Cup.
- Srilanka fast bowler Suranga Lakmal was fined 30% of his match fees for firing two successive beamer against Jos Buttler of England.
- Software services industry body NASSCOM is keen to partner with Government on IT projects. There are six transformational IT projects- EFGHI i.e education & energy, food, governance, healthcare and infrastructure.
- Oil firms including ONGC will invest over Rs. 75565 crore in the project expansion during 2015-16, up by 5% over the previous fiscal.
- Government disclosed that it will offer a window to Indians holding black money in foreign bank accounts to disclose their accounts and assets. One who fails to unveil assets abroad will be invited for jail term of upto years, while concealment for income and tax evasion would result in 10 years imprisonment and 300% tax.New law also includes changes in benami transactions act and restrictions on acceptance of cash beyond Rs. 20,000 as advance for real estate transaction.
- The Union MHRD has reconstituted the Indian Council of Historical Research (ICHR).
- March 1 is celeberated as 25th fondation day of NASSCOM– National Association of Software and Services Companies.
- PM Narendra Modi releashed financial help worth Rs. 426.83 crore from the PM National Releif Fund for flood affected people of J&K.
- Former BCCI President Jagmohan Dalmia is set to become new BCCI President.
- Indian Navy completed its TROPEX excercise 2015. TROPEX- Theatre Level Readiness and Operational Excercise.
- Former New Zealand captain Martin David Crowe on 28th February inducted into the ICC Hall of Fame. He is the 79th cricket player to be inducted in ICC Hall of Fame.
- Foreign Secretary S. Jaishankar today will meet Bhutanese PM Tshering Tobgay. He is recently on four nation SAARC Yatra.
- Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister, will leave for Srilanka on two day visit, will meet his counter part Mangala Samaraweera.
- An egyptian court declared Hamas as terrorist organization.
- World Health Organization has warned that people should use personal audio device for no more than one hour a day. It said that approx 1.1 Billion teenager and young adults are at risk for hearing lose due to unsafe use of personal audio devices including smartphones, sounds at night club etc.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Natanyahu visiting to Washington to press his case against an emerging deal on Iran’s nuclear program.
Emerging Terms, News and Books:
- 31st Cappelle La grand international chess tournament started from today.
- Ram Mohan Roy trophy is related to Cricket.
- C.I. Issac book- The Evolution of Christian Church in India.
- ABISY– Akhil Bhartiya Itihaas Sankalan Yojna.
- Words Ride-share and unboxing added to Oxford dictionary with other words like Bioprinting and Vishing.