- Top squash player Dipika Pallikal and Joshna Chinnappa bows out of WSA World Series Squash event.
- Top seeded Novak Djokovic will face defending champion Roger Federer in the final of Dubai Open.
- AB de Villiers hits fastest ODI 150 of 64 balls in World Cup
#Fastest fifty in One day International in 16 balls vs West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.
#Fastest hundred in One day International in 31 balls vs West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.
#Fastest hundred and fifty in One day International in 64 balls vs West Indies at Sydney Cricket Ground, Australia on 27 February 2015.
#Fastest player to reach 7000 runs in one day Internationals.
#He equalled the record of maximum sixes (16) in an innings in an ODI format along with Rohit Sharma and Chris Gayle against the West Indies at Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg on 18 January 2015.
- Economic Survey 2014-15 has presented 4D prescription to Indian Banking sector. These 4D are-De-regulation
- Tata Motors, struggling with mountaining losses in its domestic operations, announced Voluntary Retirement Scheme (VRS).
- After the Indian Railways increased the freight rates on selected commodities, the economic survey report sited that the share of railways in freight traffic will come down to 25% by 2020 from 33% in 2011-12.
- According to Economic Survey 2014-15, India ranks lower than the most BRICS nation in capacity for innovation. The Global Competitiveness report ranks India at 48 in capacity for innovation.
Survey also cited that the Research and Development sector in the country grew 20.8% in 2012-13.
- SEBI cancels Sahara Asset Management Company licence as Portfolio Manager from Indian securities market.
- Aditya Birla Nuvo shut downs its urea plant in Uttar Pradesh as cost of production is beyond capacity due to current policies of Government.
- Amitabh Bachan has raised his stake in chemical firm Fineotex chemicals to 5.58%.
- Law Minister Sadananda Gowda announced that Election Commission is working to connect voter identity cards with Aadhar.
EC is trying to link EPIC (Electronic Privacy Information Centre) card with Aadhar.
- Union Government is working on raising the retirement age to 65 from 60 of scientist in Council of Scientific and Industrial Research and other institutions.
- Gujrat forest department signed a MoU with Zoological Society of London for conservation of Asiatic lion and its habitat.
- For speeding up the constructioon of new capital of Andhra Pradesh, Singapore government appointed Gopinath Pillai as ite special envoy to AP.
- First Indo-Nepal friendship Motor Rally 2015 flagged of in Puri (Odisha)
- The Tablet, one of the Britains oldest journal, is about to celebrate 175 years of uninterrupted publication it was founded in May 1840.
- During the upcoming meeting of the SCO (Shanghai Cooperation Oraganisation), Russia will push for India’s full membership in the organisation. India is currently an observer in this group.
SCO is founded in 2001, comprises Russia, China and several Central Asian republics and is seen as counter to NATO.
- Russia is schduled to take over the BRICS chairmanship in the nest summit that will be held in Russia in July.
- China formally backed a trilateral partnership with india and Srilanka to establish a Maritime Silk Road (MSR) and promote the rise of Eurasia. China is open to a triangular cooperative relationship involving India & Srilanka, announced by Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi.
Appointments and Resignations:
- Kshatrapati Shivaji appointeed as new Chairman & Managing Director of SIDBI.
Emerging Terms and News:
- Russia is planning fir its own space station
- EPIC – Electronic Privacy Information Centre