- SAI announced Dutchman Paul Van Ass and New Zealands Anthony Thornton as coaches of the National men’s and women’s Hockey team respectively.
- National Games 2015:
*To be held in Kerala from January 31, 2015.
*Will be hosted acros seven districts in the state.
*10,000 competitors from 36 units will feature in 31 disciplines across 29 venues.
- S. Lakshminarayanan is appointed as chairman of the Shriram Transport Finance Company.
- As per the data released by the CGA, the fiscal deficit during the April-December period was Rs. 5.32 lakh crore or 100.2% of 2014-15 estimate hich is 4.1% of GDP.
*Government has put a roadmap as per which the fiscal Deficit has to be brought down to 3% of GDP by 2016-17.
- SpiceJet and its boards finally approved the selling of its entire holding of promoter kalanidhi Maran of 58.46% in the airline to co founder Ajay Singh.
- UK based telecom giant Vodafone Group had invested over Rs. 60,000 crore in the country in last five years.
- The Commerce department of USA said the overall economy grew at 2.6% rate in October-December period and that for the year economy grew at 2.4% rate.
- China inaugurated a pipeline that will bring crude oil from a deep water port in Myanmar along a transit route that will bypass the strategic Malacca Straits.This pipeline is 2402 Km long in two parts with 1st part stretches in Myanmar of 771KM while 2nd stretches in China of 1631 KM.
- Sri Lanka’s president Maithripala Srisena appointed K. Sripavan as the country’s first Tamil chief justice in 24 years of Sri Lanka’s history.
*The last tamil CJ was Herbert Thambiah who left the position in 1991.
- Bangladesh national parliament passed a historic proposal 43 years after the country’s independence from Pakistan. Proposal says that rape victims of the Bangladesh Liberation war 1991 will get their long overdue recognition as Freedom Fighters also their children will get state facilities.
- Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe, has been appointed as new chairman of the 54 nation African Union , succeeds Mauritania’s president Mohammed Ould Abdel Aziz.
- Charles Townes, who shared the Nobel prize in physics in 1964 with Russian physicist Aleksandr M. Prokhorov and Nicolai for the invention of Laser, has been passes away.
- Shanta Kumar committee on a range of issues relating to procurement , storage and distribution of food grains.
- Governments largest ever disinvestment has raised Rs. 22557.63 crore from sale of its 10% share holding in Coal India Limited. Of which 11360.11 crore came from public and Private insurance companies.
- United Nations report on global investment states that FDI inflow to India increased by 26 percent to $35 Billion in 2014 while the list for receiving global FDI has been topped by China wiht inflows worth $128 Billion.
- HDFC bank is set to launch a new app Chillr which allow users to send money 24×7 to any of his contacts in mobile that amounts to Rs. 1 to Rs. 5000 in a day.
- Defense secretary R.K. Mathur has been given additional charge of Department of Defense Research and Development.
- Gujrat Chief Minister today launched Taluka Planning address to enable the local administration for proper development of the regional area.
- Karnatka Government decided to amend Karnatka Compulsary Education Act, 2012 by inserting words Mother Tounge Kannad. This guarantees that the kannad language will become compulsory for children from class 1 to V.
- Standing Committee on the National Board for Wildlife chaired by Prakash Javedkar granted DRDO to built missile launching testing facilities in the Krishna Delta Complex in Andhra Pradesh. This site is a nesting site of Olive Ridley turtle, an endangered species.
- Eminent scientist Hanumanthu Purushotham took charge as CMD of NRDC.
- Subhash Ghising , founder of Gorkha National Liberation Front, passed away.
- Sydney:– Is the largest city of Australia. Most important fact about sydeny is that its economy is bigger than that of Denmark, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Christchurch:– It is the Garden City of New Zealand. The water of this place is rated among the purest water in the world.
- Rahimtoola Cup is related to Men’s Badminton trophies.
- Babu Jagjivan Ram Chhatrawas Yojna:– To provide hostel to students belonging to SC and ST.
- NRDC:– National Research Development Corporation